Listed below are links to some educational opportunities of interest to lake residents:
- MICORPS Spring Webinar Series – Session Videos
- MICORPS 2021 Annual Conference – Session Videos
- Michigan Waterfront Alliance – March, 2022 Newsletter
- Michigan Inland Lakes Partnership March Update
Contains many Useful Links
- Not MI Species Webinar Series and Session Videos
- Tips for identifying and avoiding harmful algal blooms.
- Minnesota Wake Boat Study – Full Text
- Minnesota Wake Boat Study – Webinar
- Minnesota Wake Boat Study – News Article
- Video about wakeboat issues
200 feet is not responsible – Wakeboating’s Big Lie
- Impact of Seawalls on Lake Quality
- Wisconsin Study of Homeowners Perceptions of AIS.
- What you need to know about algae
- Algae a growing problem
- Are Wood Fires Harmful to Lakes?
- Five Best Practices
- Michigan Inland Lakes Convention – Sept 14-16 – Register Now
- Recordings from the MLSA convention
- Chain of Lakes Improvement Project Updates
- YouTube Video from the 2021 Chain of Lakes Information Meeting
- Natural Shorelines Forever with Craig Kivi
- Master Rain Gardener Class
- Video: A Guide to Lake Stewardship
- MGLP Lake Conservation Planner
- Shoreline Living Booklet
- Michgan Shoreline Improvement Partnership
PBWOA is a Participating Partner in this program.
- Michigan Native Plants for Your Shoreline Garden
- Additional information and photos of shoreline gardens
- Field Guide to Invasive Plants
- How to report suspicious fish and plant sightings.
- More about Michigan invasive species
- For those technically skilled, this information tool will provide a graphic overview of our lakes and identified challenges to our lake health
- MLSA News
- The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan (Google Books)