Listed below are links to some educational opportunities of interest to lake residents:
- Advancing inland lake stewardship through shoreline Best Management Practices
January 25, 2022 — Webinar — Register Now
- Waterbody Health Webinar with Eric Elgin from MSU Extension Service
January 27, 2022 – 6-7 PM Link is required registration
- Strongly Recommended — Introduction to Lakes Online Course
- MICORPS Annual Conference – Session Videos
- Michigan Inland Lakes Partnership March Update
Contains many Useful Links
- Not MI Species Webinar Series
- MGLP Lake Conservation Planner
- Tips for identifying and avoiding harmful algal blooms.
- Wisconsin Study of Homeowners Perceptions of AIS.
- Five Best Practices
- Recordings from the Michigan Inland Lakes Convention
- Recordings from the MLSA convention
- Chain of Lakes Improvement Project Updates
- YouTube Video from the 2021 Chain of Lakes Information Meeting
- Natural Shorelines Forever with Craig Kivi
- Master Rain Gardener Class
- Video: A Guide to Lake Stewardship
- Michgan Shoreline Improvement Partnership
PBWOA is a Participating Partner in this program.
- Michigan Native Plants for Your Shoreline Garden
- Additional information and photos of shoreline gardens
- Field Guide to Invasive Plants
- How to report suspicious fish and plant sightings.
- More about Michigan invasive species
- For those technically skilled, this information tool will provide a graphic overview of our lakes and identified challenges to our lake health
- MLSA News
- Michigan Waterfront Alliance News
- The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan (Google Books)