At the Annual Meeting on May 19, members will be asked to vote on revised bylaws for the organization. A copy of the bylaws is included below.
Major changes include the following:
- A section titled “PURPOSE OF THE PORTAGE, BASE, WHITEWOOD OWNERS ASSOCIATION” has been removed. Statement of purpose should be part of the Articles of Incorporation.
- Eligibility for voting membership has been extended up the chain of lakes to Zukey lake.
- A distinction has been made between “member” and “membership”. A membership may include more than one member, but is entitled to only one vote.
- Adds the requirement for at least one Board member from Tamarack lake.
- Provides for alternate Board members
- Defines “Emeritus” Board member status
- Revises when an appointed Board member will come up for election
- Modifies the dissolution clause. In the (unlikely) event of dissolution of the organization, assets will be transferred to a non-profit organization whose goals are related to the goals of PBWOA.